An Environmentally Conscious Pismo Beach Hotel
Learn how Pismo Lighthouse Suites conserves water in California's drought
California is currently experiencing a drought and we are taking measures to help conserve water.
Our Pismo Beach hotel invites you to join us by using the following conservation solutions.
As a leader among hotels in Pismo Beach, Pismo Lighthouse Suites has implemented several water conservation initiatives including:
- Placed non-washable biodegradable cups in your room.
- Placed non-washable dishware in the breakfast room.
- Our policy is to change the sheets every third day of your stay and replace towels left on the floor.
- Converted from high water-using lawns, trees and shrubs to water efficient landscapes
- Installed artificial grass and rock paths to replace large grass areas.
- Reduced water levels in toilets, shower heads and washing machines.
- Made enhancements to pool filters and systems.
- Increased employee awareness of water use efficiency by offering a housekeeping bonus for lower usage.
- Ask the front desk how you can earn a $10 housekeeping credit.
For more water-wise events and stories, check out the latest NEWS from Water Use it Wisely.
So far in 2016 Pismo Lighthouse Suites has distributed 6,731 bars of soap.
In addition to conserving water, Pismo Lighthouse Suites is a proud partner with Clean the World, to collect and recycle soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and gels that help fight the global spread of preventable disease. These efforts reduce unneeded waste from entering local landfills, while providing new hygiene products to impoverished areas that otherwise would not have any.