An Environmentally Conscious Pismo Beach Hotel
Learn how Pismo Lighthouse Suites conserves water in California's drought
California is currently experiencing a drought and we are taking measures to help conserve water. Our environmentally-conscious hotel invites you to join us by using the following conservation solutions. As a leader among hotels in Pismo Beach, Pismo Lighthouse Suites has implemented several water conservation initiatives including:
- Placed non-washable biodegradable cups in your room.
- Placed non-washable dishware in the breakfast room.
- Our policy is to change the sheets every third day of your stay and replace towels left on the floor.
- Converted from high water-using lawns, trees and shrubs to water-efficient landscapes
- Installed artificial grass and rock paths to replace large grass areas.
- Reduced water levels in toilets, shower heads and washing machines.
- Made enhancements to pool filters and systems.
- Increased employee awareness of water use efficiency by offering a housekeeping bonus for lower usage.
- Ask the front desk how you can earn a $10 housekeeping credit.
For more water-wise events and stories, check out the latest NEWS from Water Use it Wisely.